Friday, February 5, 2010

Makeup: Paris Haute Couture spring/summer 10

Hello!

Last day I watched Paris Haute Couture for spring/summer 2010 on FashionTv. And of course I payed a lot of attention to the makeup of the models. I must say that overall I was pleased with the makeup, although there were some examples of a bad taste. I'm only going to post the ones I remembered, as I watched a lot of them plus it's difficult to find pictures online. So here is what I think about some of them.

First of, I really want to put out the Valentino's makeup

Paris Haute Couture: Valentino spring/summer 2010 collection

When I first saw these models wearing that awful looking makeup I thought: Omg I feel so sorry for them. Okay, let's say that it's an original idea but that doesn't make it any better. The makeup made the models look like zombies. They really looked creepy, if I saw them in a lonely street I would probably scream and run away. And as for the models that wore that bandage over their eyes, good for them. Although it didn't look very appealing to me, it was sill much easier to focus on the clothes (which I didn't like at all as well). Well, I think that the person who picked out the makeup for Valentino's show should seriously think of visiting a beginners makeup class.


Next up, Chanel.

Chanel's spring-summer 2010 Haute Couture fashion collection,

As for Chanel, I really liked the makeup. Classic sort of Pin-up look, red lips, black liner on the lid and beautifuly contoured face with a touch of blush on the cheeks. It also goes really well with the clothes but I don't like the hair at all. It reminds me of cotton candy somehow...But, sticking to the makeup, great job. =)


Moving on to Elie Saab

Paris Haute Couture: Elie Saab spring/summer 2010 collection

I've never heard of this designer before but I loved the creation, as well as makeup and hair. The makeup itself was very sophisticated, elegant and chic; healthy looking skin (I suppose they wore a dewy finish foundation which goes great with the entire look), bronzer and natural looking eye makeup as well as lips. It looks very clean and it's great for any occasion, from every day to a business meeting. Also the hair looks very elegant and completes the whole look. Great job here as well =)


Next, Dior

Paris Haute Couture: Christian Dior spring/summer 2010 collection

At the beginning of the show, the first models had like really scary looking white face and I thought that this is going to be a disaster. But it wasnt', as the show went by the models wore only a bit lighter foundation than their skin tone which actually went pretty well with the clothes they wore. I mostly liked the eye makeup. They wore bright pastels overall the eye area, black liner on top lashline and brow highlighted with white. Cheeks were in a pretty pink shade and lips were in a nude colour. Overall the makeup went really well with the clothes they wore but I wouldn't wear it for every day, mainly because the foundation was too light and the eyes were a little bit over the top. But if you would wear it with a matching foundation it could make a really nice party look.

Last, but definitely not least, Zuhair Murad


Too bad you can't see a better picture, but the makeup here was also fabulous (not to mention the clothes, omg I was amazed by his incredible work, his creations were to die for). Beautiful dramatic brown smokey eyes paired with nude lips and lightly colourd cheeks is in my opinion one of the makeup looks to go for. You can wear this type of makeup for every day (just tone it down a little bit using lighter colours), for the parties or night out with your girls (you may keep the intensity od the eyeshadow) as well as for special occasions. It's very trendy and hot looking and it's not difficult to achive it. Very very well done!


So that's my short opinion about the Paris Haute Couture for spring and summer 2010. I hope you like it and if you have any wishes, ideas, requests... on what you want me to write about, just let me know. =)

xoxo Lizzie <3


No comments: