Wednesday, January 7, 2009

My Makeup Collection: FACE

Hello to everybody how're you today? I'm getting better so I'll soon be able to make more videos for you guys on YouTube, but for now let's focus on my Updated makeup collection. I thought it would be way to long and way to boring if I would do this in a video form so we're gonna get through this on my blog.

So, first things first; FACE STUFF


Foundations

Miss Sporty So Clear foundation (01 Light):
This one has a very sheer coverage so it's probably not very good for those who have acne, spots, pimples and all that gross stuff that I get sometimes. But if you're just looking for something that would make your skin look fresh and maybe to cover tiny tiny imperfections than that's your best friend. It's kinda hard to blend this one so don't put like dots on your forehead, chin, nose blablabla because it'll sort of dry up on your skin and you'll end up with a foundation spots. So apply it separately like first on the forehead and blend it in, than on your nose and blend it in...I can't say anything about the staying power because I don't even notice it on my skin. It probably kinda soaks into the skin since it has anti-bacterial formula so I don't know.



Paris Berlin Maquillage Le Teint HighTech foundation (LHT 4):
This one has very good coverage, it covers up all of my imperfections, redness, blemishes and just everything. It blends a lot better than Miss Sporty one and I don't even feel it on my skin which is very good for it's amazing coverage. It also has a very good staying power and it doesn't smudge easily. For me it's perfect but I don't use it every day because I don't need this much coverage for everyday, and because I don't have time and because I don't want to get ran out of it =)


MaxFactor Miracle Touch Liquid Illusion foundation (Natural 70):
I'm really mad because the woman in that shop that helped me with picking the right shade failed completely. This thing is like 3 shades too dark for my skin tone so I keep it just so that I'll try it out during the summer time when I get darker. This one probably has a pretty good coverage if you apply it with a foundation brush, but whatever you do don't apply it with the sponge that comes with this foundation cuz it sucks! It blends quite well, I like the texture of it but can't say mush about the staying power because I don't wear it. But I put it on my hand yesterday and forgot to wash it off and today it was still on so I think that the staying power isn't bad. Check it out, but make sure you get yourself a foundation brush.



Essence Pure Mineral Make up foundation (02 Soft Sand):
This is a very good foundation for it's price. It gives sheer to medium coverage and it helps to improve your skin's condition. I just stopped using it because it kinda broke me out but I really liked it so definitely check it out if you get a chance. But don't apply it with the Essence kabuki brush cuz it sucks.



Sweetscents Hide a pore foundation:
I don't use it as a foundation cuz it makes my skin look very weird and it makes pimples, scars and stuff like that even more visible, so I use it now as a concealer it's quite good. Not much of a stying power and coverage but it does make a difference.


Powders

Miss Sporty Face powder (02 Medium):
This is my everyday powder because it's the only useful that I have. It doesn't have much of staying power and won't give a matte effect for a long time. It's very easy to apply it (I use a powder brush cuz I don't trust those sponges and puffs and stuff like that) as well as blends into the skin. But again it doesn't have a good coverage.



MaxFactor Creme Puff powder (05 Translucent):
This little thingy also broke me out, it kinda clogged my pores or however you say it and it didn't look very good. It has a very strong smell to it which I like but if you don't than don't buy it. It has a better coverage than the Miss Sporty one and it's also very easy to apply with a brush, again don't use a sponge that comes with, you know why.


Concealers

ArtDeco Perfect Teint concealer (5):
I don't use this one as an under my eyes because it faded very quickly and it didn't cover my humongous under eye circles. I use it now as a regular concealer to hide spots, imperfections, aces,... and it's quite good. I squeeze it out, put it on the back of hand, than apply it with the brush and gently pat it and it gives medium to full coverage with 2-3 thin layers. I like it=)



Maybelline Coverstick concealer (21 Fair Naturel):
This one on the photo is my backup because the one that I'm using is running very low so I got another one=) This is for now the bet under eye concealer I've tried but it's true that I haven't tried many of them so yeah. I like its thicker consistency cuz it makes medium coverage and it stays on all day and doesn't bring out the lines (I don't have those lines cuz of makeup or stuff like that, I have these in my gens if that's the word). I like it, but if you know about a concealer that would have similar texture to MAC Studio Finish concealer which is on my wish list as soon as I get an opportunity to get more MAC please let me know.



Essence 3 in 1 Forget it! concealer:
As you can see it has 3 parts: pink for under eye circles, green for redness and beige for blemishes. The beige one really works as you can I use it quite often. I usually use it when I use Miss Sporty foundation all over my cheeks so I hide blemishes, redness and maybe some other imperfections so my skin looks almost perfect because that foundation is just enough to give me fresh look and make it look better and than this beige side + my two other concealers = perfect everyday look. But usually I don't have time for foundation so I use this method when I have time=) I don't really use the pink side since I found out that my Maybelline concealer is so good but it does work very well and it brightens up the eye area. But I don't use the green side at all. Ir doesn't help against redness and if you put it on you won't cover it up very easily unless you want to look like you're retard walking around with green spots on your face. xD I say try it out if you can cuz two parts of it work=)


Blushes

Maybelline Dream Mousse blush (01 Dolly Pink):
The reason why I don't use this blush is because the colour doesn't suite my skin type. I don't know what I was thinking when I was picking the colour but obviously I knew nothing about my skin. xD I actually really like the formula of this blush, it's very soft and nice to touch. It's easy to blend, maybe a bit harder to control but it's still a very nice product.



Miss Sporty Gloss for eyes&lips%cheeks (sexy kitten):
I use this only on my cheeks because it's useless on the eyes and lips. I use it as highlight above the cheekbone area and it really gives a nice finish. I love it=)



Cheap blush from a gift set:
I know you can't get it, but I wanted to put it up also just because it's my everyday blush. It's sheer, but it does give that perfect finish that I want for everyday. It gives that beautiful sheen, like healthy glow and also a touch of colour and I just looove it.=) I don't know what I'm gonna do when I run out of it...



MAC Sheertone Shimmer blush (Springsheen):
This is an awesome awesome awesome blush and if you can you have to try it. You don't necessary take the same colour but take the same finish =) (and other finishes if you can :D). I think that this finish is kinda similar to my cheap blush but better. So I've already started looking for a good one to buy it when I run out of my love =D Get one I mean it =)


So, there we are, at the end of my face stuff. I know it's long but I hope it helped you guys out. Eye stuff following, and than of course lippies. =)
Have a great day everyone!
Byeee xxx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! And about your request for information on nail product:

The best thing that works (for me, at least) is to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! If your fingernails and cuticles are soft and moisturized, it will limit splitting and chipping to you nail and add flexibility. As for nail polish, I would recommend using Sally Hansen (http://www.sallyhansen.com/) , if you can get a hold of it there. Always apply a base coat before you work with any darker colours (i.e. reds, purples, blues, orange, etc). Try to limit the times you use nail polish remover. if you do happen to use nail polish remover, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly and apply lotion right after.
Also, an excellent thing you can do to strengthen your nails is to get a bowl of warm olive oil and soak the tips of your fingers in it for about 10-15 minutes. :)

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Anonymous said...

My first comment didn't show up, I don't think :(

Anyway, it said something like:

Good job, your blog is great! Keep up the good work.